Only a few people know that despite its delicious fruits, medlar gives us other health benefits with its leaves!
These leaves are extremely rich in minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium and iron and vitamins C. They have excellent medicinal value.
Medlar leaves are packed with anti-inflammatory, slimming, mucolytic and diuretic properties. Furthermore, such as it seeds, they help to produce more insulin and improve the function of your liver and kidneys!
Today we will present you very important information about this plant, take note and do not lose detail!
Spring or early summer is the period when we should collect medlar leaves – in the end of the harvest of the fruits!
Let them dry on the sun and once they have lost the little white fluff that covers them, these leaves are ideal to be cut and stored in a dry place.
Health Profile of Medlar Leaves
The presence of essential vitamins and minerals in its content removes the toxins, waste and chemicals from the body!
The preparation of medlar tea will help your body in the following way:
- Helps pancreas secrete more insulin, Very effective against diabetes
- Multiply the defenses fight against pathogens, Strengthens the immune system
- Helps the skin to deflate when it has been a victim of a condition due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps your liver to suppress harmful toxins
- Hydrates the bronchial and nasal secretions in case of bronchial diseases making them more fluid in order to be easily eliminated.
Place a spoonful of crushed leaves in a boiling water, wait for the extract to come off and then remove it from the heat!